Sunday, October 17, 2010

Beautiful British Columbia

As I was basking in the first bit of sun we've seen since we got to Mui Ne and listening to some good tunes I found myself missing a luxury of home.  It may seem absurd to miss anything whilst lying in the sun with the pool to your left and the ocean to your right, the sun and wind in perfect harmony to still get a tan without getting too hot... but I miss driving.  Yes, of all things.  I miss driving with the windows down and the sun shining, singing away to my favourite driving songs.  Whether it was driving from Coquitlam to Abbotsford for school, or just the fifteen minute drive to work.  I enjoy those few minutes of solitude with me and my music and the coolness of the wind (our vehicle is simple and does not have AC).  That is of course on an agreeable traffic day when I'm not running late or being postponed by dense traffic or an accident, but on good days, I really do enjoy a good drive.  We rent motorbikes on occasion, but it's not the same (helmets ruin my hair and there's no music).  The drive up to Prince George is a regular thing for us and the summer drive is just beautiful.  Nothing quite compares to the feeling of a loaded IPod and the beauty of the canyon on a summer's day.  That's one thing Darren and I can fully agree on when we're reflecting and comparing: there is no beauty like the beauty of BC.  As the days roll by we can't help but think about how soon it'll be before we're home.  There are things I don't want to leave, but I do look forward to taking that breath of fresh BC air and enjoying a long, music-filled drive.


1 comment:

  1. Although I haven't travelled to where you guys are right now...I have travelled to other places in the world, as well as lived in "Sunny California" for far too long...and I have to agree with you guys. Although other places do have their wonders...nothing quite compares to Beautiful BC!! Although, it may have something to do with the people who live here too;)

    ReplyDelete